Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Today's the day ... whether I like it or not!

I'm grateful yet scared. On Sunday night (a.k.a the eve of day 14) I slept like crap. Every time I feel asleep, I dreamt of waking up bald. So that I opted to stay awake and watch the Gilmore Girls. By 4:30 a.m., I was doing laundry and washing floors.

In the afternoon I even had Mikeala do a "hair pulling test" and everything was good. My hair was right where it was supposed to be. I thought maybe just maybe the hair loss side effect would skipped right over me. As I got ready to celebrate Mikeala and Chris' b-day at Sara's house, I decided to go the extra mile and I flat ironed my hair. Finally after weeks of wearing my hair in a ponytail it was finally starting to look good (minus to 2-inch roots).

Last night I put the hair loss crisis out of my mind and slept like a baby. And then wham! This morning my hair is falling out. Every time I run my hands through my hair (which is often), hair falls out. The girls said it would fall out in clumps ... it's not ... it's more like a couple of strands at a time. So it that hair loss or normal? I don't know! I know that I'm obsessing about it but I can't help it. Mikeala thinks I'm overreacting ... let's shave her head and she how she feels! I know I can't avoid it but I'd really like to!

I really don't have time for this today. I have million things on my to do list: meet with my trainer; physiotherapy appointment; run to the bank; walk the dog; clean the house; and get groceries. Where am I going to fit in head shaving?

1 comment:

  1. Hello again, Tracey
    This is Joce's sister, Michelle and from what I see of your pics your eyes and your smile are your crowning glory. Your hair will grow back and I have no doubt that you will wear your wig with such glamour and sophistication that no one will ever know other than you. You are beautiful - keep smiling!

    ReplyDelete