Thursday, February 5, 2009

Nausea please go away!

I know that I've just started chemo but when ... when I ask ... will I start to feel better? I'm really not used to hanging out in bed. Although I have always enjoyed early nights or day long rests in bed, it's always been a choice. Being in bed this past four days has not been a choice!

I've questioned everyone I know who has had a chemo or who has known someone who has had it about side effects. According to my informal focus testing, the nausea usually lasts 3 to 5 days after chemo. I've also learned that the side effects get worse as you go through the treatments. Mouth sores normally appear after the second treatment. Lovely! So much to look forward to!

Thankfully the movies, food, and even dog sitting keep on coming. I feel guilty that I can't make dinner, clean the house, or take Lilly for nice long walks. I don't want to expect Mikeala to do everything. She is, after all, only a teenager and we all know how teenagers are!

Today, I am scheduled to start working out with my trainer. My appointment is at 9:00 a.m. I'd like to go. Right now, I'm nursing an herbal peppermint tea ... and so far ... so good. So, if all goes well after my smoothie, it's off to the gym.

7 comments:

  1. Tracey,
    You don't know me but I was directed to your blog by our mutual friend Sara C. I recently found out that my sister-in-law has BC (I hate writing that - it's unreal) and will undergo a double masectomy. I hope you don't mind but after reading your blog and funny stories, I plan to share your blog with her in hopes of providing her with some laughs and "research".
    Keep up the fight.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Trace!! Sounds like you're being a tropper. Keep smiling, keep eating that frozen yogart! Take care, love ya! Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least the frozen yogurt will feel good on the mouth sores, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tracey

    Hope you're starting to feel better as you move further away from Monday.

    You've always been a half-full kind of girl and now here you are ... successfully putting a positive and humorous spin on a serious topic.

    I think of you often and send you a big hug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Tracey...I used to drink raspberry leaves herbal tea when I was pregnant with Frédérique because I had such bad nausea... you might want to try it.... and it doesn't have a strong raspberry smell if my memory is good. I hope your trainer is good looking... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Renée. I will definitely try the raspberry tea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Remember those CDs I gave you.... use them... along with your tea... Once I'm off my home "hobble" kit from my surgery, I'll come over and play them for you if I have to :)

    ReplyDelete