Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Is it wrong to eat frozen yogurt at 3:00 a.m.?

Yup. That's right not only was I awake and kicked out of my own bed, I was eating frozen yogurt in the middle of the night. Mikeala, Lilly, and Patches have taken to sleeping with me since the night before my first chemo treatment. It's driving me nuts!! Lilly is bad enough ... she hogs the bed and the blankets ... and she's a 21-pound dog for the love of God! But Mikeala well, that's another story! Sleeping with her is liking sleeping with an adult-sized fish ... meaning she's moves around like a fish out of water ... and snores ... and talks! After being slapped a few times, I finally moved out of my room and into her's ... but Lilly followed. So, there I was watching Lost and eating frozen yogurt in the middle of the night.

When my nurse visited yesterday, she suggested that I eat frozen yogurt (with Ensure and fruit) smoothies since I don't really have much of an appetite. I'm all over that! Finally, someone was given me permission to eat frozen yogurt for breakfast! I'm trying to eat but the nausea makes it difficult. She also suggested six little meals instead of three biggies. I'm lucky if I get 2 little meals into me.

Last night Caroline dropped off Phoo and spring rolls (not the deep fried ones) for Mikeala and I. And, man oh man was it delicious ... nausea was not stopping me from eating last night. I even thought of hiding Mikeala's portion (since she was working), but decided that that may not be very kind.

Today, is my Stepping Stones class (support group for BC chicks) and I'm hoping the nausea will settle down a little so that I can go. I find that I get a lot of support from the other women, especially about exercise, food, emotions, and hair loss.

6 comments:

  1. Hey T - do you go once a week for the chemo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracey,
    I am Joce's sister, Michelle from Winnipeg and I am laughing and crying with you. Your writing skills are exceptional and I strongly believe that your humour and attitude will get you through this. You are in my thoughts and prayers since I've started reading your blog and I will follow you in this journey of a lifetime till the bell rings for you. I am rooting for you every step of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merci d'écrire ce blog Tracey. Je pense à toi tous les jours et c'est un plaisir de te lire. Bon courage... lâche pas... et continue à profiter de ta vie et à enrichir la nôtre.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frozen yogourt smoothies sounds brilliant to me!!! Enjoy it while you can get away with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Kerry - I have chemo every 3 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Michelle! Thanks so much for your kind words and prayers. I've heard so many wonderful things about you and your family. I feel like I've known you forever.

    ReplyDelete