Sunday, February 22, 2009

Pills, pills, and more pills!

I've always been pro-medication but this is getting ridiculous! The amount of pills that I'm popping on a daily basis is bananas! The weeks that I'm not on chemo, I take on average 14 pills a day and when I am on chemo, I take over 20 pills a day. Then let's throw in a couple of injections, blood tests, a take-home IV, and the lovely intravenous chemo drugs. Enough!

I know it seems early in the game to be getting tired of all the meds but I am! When I'm in a good spiritual and emotional spot, I understand the need for the drugs and don't mind taking them. However, I've been a little more emotional the last couple of days ... partly because my next chemo treatment is right around the corner and partly because I'm PMS'ing.

I have more fear and anxiety about tomorrow then I did about my first chemo treatment (which means sleeping pill tonight). I guess it's because I have a pretty good idea of what to expect. Plus, I've been told that mouth sores and the famous metallic taste comes with the second treatment.

I'm pretty confident the hydration will help with the nausea but I'm definitely freaked out about the IV being lodged into my hand for a couple of days. When oh when is my port-a-cath going to be put in! Once I have it, I won't have to have an IV for chemo or hydration, or give blood from my arm. Of course, the whole idea of getting the port-a-cath put in under local anesthetic is a whole other story .... but I'll worry about that later. I have enough on my plate for today!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck tomorrow, Tracey! I'm thinking good thoughts about you not getting mouth sores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto with the good luck wishes!

    ReplyDelete