Sunday, February 8, 2009

Nibs + new gadget + sunshine = run

Now I know my math isn't the greatest but according to my calculations if you eat junk food before noon and run after noon the exercise counts and the junk food doesn't! There's nothing like a new gadget and a nice sunny day to get my feet moving. To inspire me to take part in some form of cardio this weekend, my trainer sent me home with a heart rate monitor and digital watch ... and it worked!

After pigging out on nibs at the movies this morning, I came home and went for a 30-minute run. The weather is especially nice today so I thought what the heck. I tried to encourage Mikeala to join me but she was having no part of it.

I can't believe what a difference a couple of days has made. Just last Wednesday I thought I was dying and today I'm running. I'm going to try and hold on to this moment when I'm having anxiety about my next round of chemo.

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome!! I love my heart rate monitor - it's incredibly motivational. And, who could argue with Nibs?

    Did you laugh at the movie or did you think they were all crazy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there - glad to hear you've been feeling better the last couple of days. positive, positive, smile, smile (which I'm sure you are)! AND you went running - you're the best. Take care, chat soon. Love Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny that a heart rate monitor can motivate you to exercise, it does the some thing for me. I play this game with myself 'okay, now I keep my heart rate at 150 for 2 more minutes then I can walk for one!' Silly, but it works! Oh, and BTW, nibs don't count as junk food. Not deep fried, not chocolate covered hence, not junk food!

    ReplyDelete