Tuesday, February 3, 2009

HomeCare saved my can!

After getting home from chemo yeserday, I felt pretty good. I was a little tired but that was to be expected with all the emotions I was feeling. I had a nice chat with Sara and even sang songs with Ayla.

I spent the afternon wrap up in bed with water, crackers, yogurt, and Lost. So far so good! And, then the nausea started .... I wasn't expecting it to come on so soon! I was anxiously waiting for 5:00 p.m. to roll around so that I could take my meds ... when the phone rang. It was HomeCare calling to check up on me and set up a visit for today. I told her how I was feeling and she recommended that I take the "fast-acting" pill followed by the "normal" one in 45 mins. Okey dokey, she's knows best!

Once Mikeala got from school, she took to being my nurse quite nicely .... bringing me water, tea and taking my temperature. Then she plopped in my bed and crash out! I was so jealous ... why is that teenagers can fell asleep in two seconds flat? Then my mom and dad pop in for moral support and to organize my pills .... I had seven prescriptions to fill .... most of the pills are for nausea!

By 9:00 p.m. I was sleeping nicely. I woke up a few times to use the washroom but that's to be expected since I'm drinking a tone of water.

Here's hoping today is nausea free!

No comments:

Post a Comment