Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Hair today ... gone today!

Well, it's done! I'm semi-bald ... it looks like a crew cut. As the morning progressed so did my hair loss. First thing this morning, it was falling out strand by strand ... by 10 a.m. it was coming out in clumps. So there was no waiting. I called the hairdresser and by 1 p.m. I was sitting in her chair.

Before heading out, I decided to get a little dressed up. I wore a skirt, cute top, and great brown boots. I even put on make up. I have to admit I was looking pretty good for someone who was going to get their had shaved.

All and all it was too bad. I was pretty nervous. The receptionist was sweet. She sat and chatted with me for a bit and then brought me a cup of coffee (I didn't even ask if it was decaf - I didn't care!). Then the owner came in and got down to business. She starting by cutting my hair really short followed by a shampoo, head massage, and then clippers. It only took a few minutes before it was all done. She then pulled out my wig, did a few cuts, and I was on my way. The wig looks great but my head is just too itchy for it today.

By 1:40 p.m. I was in my car headed home to pick up my gym stuff. So I guess I did have time for my hair to fall out after all.

3 comments:

  1. and you must be just gorgeous! So, did you go Blond?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we need to see the wig. I totally know you got something super stylin'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Trace - WOW, obsessing is right :) Don't you know that bald is beautiful (that's what all the gurr's say anyways!! geez, I wonder why). Like everyone is saying, it'll grow back and your smile is what's noticeable anyways! Just think... scarves, hats, wigs - so many accessories! Keep on smilin' Love Lynn

    ReplyDelete