Saturday, February 7, 2009

Breaking free!

That's right ... after almost a week of being couped up in my house, I'm heading out! I'm going to try and pull myself away from the Gilmore Girls and have a little fun. Kathy and I are going to see He's really not into you at 10:00 a.m. Pressumably, there won't be too many people at the movie.

From now on I have to be mindful of germs. According to my nurse, 7 - 10 days after chemo, my white blood cell count starts to go down ... which means ... I can't fight off infections. It's been easy up to now since I really haven't ventured too far. I also need to start taking my temperature regularly. If my temperature goes up 1 degree I need to call my Primary Designated Nurse (PDN) ... and if this happens on the weekend I need to report to Emergency. Having a fever is very serious for chemo patients.

The nausea is gone and my appetite is back!! I'm already planning my lunch. Since I've hardly eaten any fruits (besides bananas) or vegetables in a week, I going to pick up a salad (and maybe a veggie pizza) from Lorenzo's. I'm very excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment