Monday, May 25, 2009

Still feeling minor effects of my last chemo

All and all I feel pretty good. This last chemo was by far the best ever - I had absolutely no bone pain (thanks to acupuncture) or nausea. But the fatigue is definitely alive and well and I'm moving at snail's pace.

I was so anxious to be done chemo that I may have over done it a bit last week. The day after chemo I went to the gym ... took it easy ... walked on the treadmill ... and then followed it up with 60 minutes of hot yoga. One class of hot yoga and I was hooked all over again. It felt great ... I could actually smell all the chemicals coming out of my pours (that was a little gross!). The next day I went back to hot yoga ... this time tackling a 90-minute class ... too much! I had to sit down for a few of the posses - I wasn't sure if I was going to pass out of throw up. I also took Lilly for a few very long walks. All this to say, I push it and pay for it. I spend most of my weekend either in bed or on the deck reading and relaxing. It's hard to remember that I have to take it easy ... I'm such a NOW girl!

Here are some photos of the big event ....
Mikeala and I cuddled up under my very warm blanket. As part of my treatment, I had to wear ice mitts on my hands and feet. Mikeala thought this was pretty funny!

Preparing to put my hands in the ice mitts!
Ringing the bell!
Still ringing the bell. I was a little disappointed that it wasn't louder!

2 comments:

  1. The pictures are great! Take it easy Tracey...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracey... absolutely - you were trying to tackle too much! Don't forget to take it easy, I prefer it when you say your going out for supper or having friends visit (with supper):) The pictures are GREAT! Take care, Love Lynn

    ReplyDelete