Saturday, May 2, 2009

I believe!

I've always been a little iffy about holistic medicine .... until now! After my shot from hell, Beth, my lovely physiotherapist, did a little acupuncture and acupressure on some key "pain" areas. She offered no guarantees that it would relieve the bone pain but at this point I'd stand on my head if I thought it would help!

I'm happy to report that my bone pain is minimal and totally manageable. As a matter of fact, I've only taken Tylenol extra strength. And trust me, I was totally prepared to take morphine (even though it wasn't very helpful the last time). Another little trick that I've tried this time around is sleeping pills. I normally don't sleep very the chemo week (partly due to bone pain) ... so this week sleeping pills have become my bedtime cocktail ... what a beautiful invention! I'm actually sleeping for five-to-six hours.

Last night I knew things were looking up when I agreed to go out for dinner with Caroline instead of getting take-out. Ever since I've been getting the Neulatus shot I've been pretty much in bed for a week in agony. However with Beth's magic touch I was out in public on day two! Yeah for acupuncture ... I'm definitely doing it again after my next chemo!

2 comments:

  1. Well now. I'm not going to re-preach and repeat my take on holistic witchy things to you :) You're over the hump it seems. Imagine what you'll inspire to us to do next... and all the others coming into your life ! Love ya~

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey,hey.. glad to see you've found yet another wonderful 'cocktail'! Keep trying new things... Love ya! Lynn

    ReplyDelete