Monday, May 18, 2009

Un autre dodo!

Normally, Mikeala and I count down our sleeps before our vacations but somehow this count down seems so much more important. In roughly fifteen hours I will be having my last (God willing) chemo treatment!

Between taking my steroids late, anxiety, and excitement it is highly unlikely that I will sleep tonight. It seems like I've been waiting for the end since before the beginning. And to celebrate the end of this chapter, Mikeala and my mom will be standing next to me as I rang the Victory Bell. I would have all my friends and family with me if they'd allow it but I somehow doubt they want a crowd. I'm really only allowed one visitor in the chemo room but I figure I've been pretty compliant up until now ... so it's time to break the rules ... really ... what are they going to do ... kick me out!!

Tomorrow will be both busy and emotional. We have a very early start. I have to be at the Cancer Centre at 8:00 a.m. for blood work, then to the pharmacy to have a couple of prescriptions refilled, including my steroids (I have to take a couple before chemo ... of course I need more ... so I have line up a new prescription with Dr. Y first thing). Then it's off to the gym for a quick run before heading to the chemo room at 9:30 a.m. Of course before we head out the door, Miss Lilly will need to be feed and walked ... and the laundry will need to be folded and put away. Good thing I won't sleep tonight ... I have too much to do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment