Sunday, May 24, 2009

Wrench in our plans!

Sadly, our beach vacation is on hold. Mikeala and I were hoping to go to Cuba or the Dominican Republic for a well-deserved break from cancer in June. However between Dr.'s appointments, Mikeala's exams, and radiation looks like we'll have to wait until August before jet-setting anywhere.

Of course, I tried to push my radiation back by a couple of weeks but my Radiation Oncologist was having nothing to do with my plan. She insisted that I start my radiation on June 15th. So June 15th it is. We're still considering going away for a weekend but it doesn't seem worth it without the ocean! Plus I can't drive anywhere too far or go anywhere that requires sight seeing ... I get tired so quickly! Laying on a beach with a good book is about all I can handle these days.

The idea of going to an all-inclusive is right up my alley - no cooking, cleaning, thinking, or planning ... just show up and relax! So, we'll be the two Canadians girls flying down south in the middle of August.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there both of you. August is not so far away. I think it's a wonderful idea to hit the beach and get away as soon as you have the go ahead from your doctor. I'm so happy for you that the chemo is over. I'm taking some time off at the end of June -- Mathilde is graduating from elementary shcool, Frédérique is going to Europe.. again.. and Marc-Antoine will already be planting trees far away from home -- All this to say I hope you'll be up for a visit!

    ReplyDelete