Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Done. Finito.

It's done! My visits to the Ottawa Cancer Centre for chemotherapy treatments are over! I finally rang the bell. It was both wonderful and emotional. I was very fortunate to have my mom, Mikeala, and two special visitors - my sister and girlfriend Tammy - with me this morning.

Of course, getting to the hospital this morning was a treat. We were running way behind schedule. Don't ask me how this happened considering I was up at 5:00 a.m. We finally piled our butts in the car at 7:55 a.m. - I had an appointment at 8:00 a.m. Needless to say, there was a tiny little bit of road rage. Why is it that every 75 year-old man needs to drive in front of me when I'm in a rush?

As usual, Mikeala and I were running late.
So this is me getting my scarf on on the run.


Using the car window as a mirror.


And done. Ready to hit the road!


5 comments:

  1. What an absolutely fabulous way to start off your week (except for the morning rush hour, that is!). Must have seemed like forever at times, but now it is part of your past. You did great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! I'm so STOKED!! You're, like, almost done treatment! You're 67% of the way there, and you're still smiling and looking hot!

    Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! AND you look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Trace! Woohoo.. final treatment! I was 'offline' for a bit and back to read that you 'rang the bell'! That's Fantastic & you look great also (must be all that assortment of food you are telling us about) :)

    Love Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well well well ! I cannot imagine. You made this chemo journey seem like a hiccup to me due to your strength. What a feat to know that it is now part of your past - What a celebration!! I'll "raise" the West in your honour and conquest girl !

    ReplyDelete