Friday, March 6, 2009

Every cloud has a silver lining!

I've been feeling much better this week. By Tuesday, I was starting to get back into my regular groove. My challenge this week has been staying positive. After looking back at my week from hell, I realized that all I thought and talked about was the negative stuff. When I'm in that dark spot it usually means I am fearful. And, I can assure you that I am terribly fearful about all kinds of things related to my cancer and chemo.

So about mid-week I made a pack with myself that I wouldn't talk negatively about my last chemo treatment. Well, that lasted about six hours ... until I ran into one of my girlfriends from the support group and she asked me how my last treatment went. That's all it took ... and I was off! Luckily, I didn't stay in that negative space for long. Sometimes it's really hard to find the silver lining.

However I am unbelievable grateful for all my friends and family during this trying time. Four times this week people have dropped by unexpectedly. Many people drop off food for Mikeala and I and then are off. But this week, I had two special come in and stay visitors. Yesterday, my girlfriend Colleen's husband Glenn (super sweet guy) came by with lunch. It was so nice to sit and chat about something other than cancer. We laughed about our kids and the crazy things they do ... all while eating Greek on Wheels. You can't go wrong with Greek food! Thanks Glenn for the food and company!!

And my other visitor was my dear friend Deborah and her two puppies! There's nothing that can light up your spirits more than puppies! We sat on the floor for an hour and an half just playing with the babies. They're a mix - Pug and Yorkshire (I think) and super super cute. Almost makes me want to run out and buy Lilly and a sister ... but then I came to my senses ... maybe next year! I'd love to be able to report their names ... but that are still nameless. Their parents are having a hard time agreeing on suitable names. I love the indecisiveness!

So really this week has turned out to be amazing and for that I'm grateful!

2 comments:

  1. Very happy to hear that things are on the up-and-up this week. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trace... I'm glad you're feeling better. Sounds like it was a rough moment, but than again.. you've made it positive (washing floors...). Kim & I will be leaving Athens tonight. I had a chance to quickly steel 5 minutes at an internet cafe. take care, love you! Lynn

    ReplyDelete