Friday, March 20, 2009

The longest four hours ever!

Four hours seems like an awfully long time to wait to take pain meds. Who came up with this number anyways? The bone pain from the white blood cell shot kicked in yesterday morning. It started slow with a little discomfort ... but I wasn't taking any chances ... so I started taking my prescribed pain medication ... Tylenol 2.

After a quick outing to the bank, Walmart, and the Gap ... more meds and a nap were needed. The pain isn't as severe as last time but nonetheless it is definitely not pleasant. As the day turned into the evening and night, the pain got progressively worst. By 3:00 a.m. I was counting down the minutes until my next round of pills ... 4:30 a.m. At times, the pain is so bad that I feel sick to my stomach! Honestly, enough is enough.

On a positive note, I only have another 30 minutes until I can take more meds!

2 comments:

  1. Alright, I'm just gonna say it... I'm guessing the doctor would rather you take one extra T2 a day for a few days every three weeks than be in significant pain, so bad that it makes you queasy. Why don't you check with your nurse?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Tracey - you're doing good. Don't know if while you're feeling crapy whether a good chick flick might help you out or... yup.. housework :) Take care, Lynn

    ReplyDelete