Tuesday, March 17, 2009

One down ... one to go!

The port-a-cath procedure was a piece of cake! My parents came to pick me up at 6:50 a.m. and we were at the Civic by 7:05 a.m. (lots of time to spare). I was surprisingly relaxed. Of course, I had been up since 5:30 a.m. doing laundry and washing the floors (call me crazy but housework helps me chilled out!).

I had been told by my BCA ladies that the Special Procedures Unit nurses, Lynn and Lucy, were angels ... and they weren't kidding! From the moment that I arrived they both made me feel comfortable and calm. They assured me the cocktail would relax me and put me in never never land ... and it did! The surgery itself took approximately 20 minutes. I was awake but not really conscious.

By 8:45 a.m. I was in the recovery room where my parents and sister joined me for some idle chit chat. I seem to remember telling Sara that I wanted to go to Price Club for some X-Ray pants ... what I really meant to say was Yoga pants !

Next on the agenda ... chemo at 1:45 p.m.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tracey, By the time you read this, today's round of chemo will be done. Hope it went well. You definitely deserve to spoil yourself with X-Ray ... oops, I mean Yoga ... pants! Take care.

    ReplyDelete