Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Done for another day

Yahoo my chemo is done for another three weeks. It was so much easier with the port! Zero anxiety! Because the chemo was packed today they were running way behind. My mom and I waited patiently (one of us more patient than the other ... and just for the record ... I was the patient one!) for over an hour before they called my name.

If I didn't have the port the waiting would have been pure hell! Don't get me wrong, the idea of the drugs running through my veins still grosses me out but at least I didn't have to worry about them trying to find a vein.

My chest (where they inserted the port) is a little sensitive but they're prescribed me morphine for the pain ... so once Mikeala gets home from work I'll take a pill and hit the sheets.

Next hurdle ... Neulasta injection tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Tracey that's awesome! I'm so glad you got the port! I remember mind made a huge difference, and I only had it for blood tests. Good on ya!

    ReplyDelete