Monday, March 9, 2009

Today ends on a high

I finally got the call I've been waiting for .... my port-a-cath appointment is booked! I'm so excited ... no more needles! I am scheduled to get my port-a-cath on Tuesday, March 17th. And, because my chemo was originally slated for March 16th, we're opted to postpone my chemo by one day so that we can use the port-a-cath for my next chemo treatment.

Who would have thought that I'd be over the moon about a surgical procedure (under local anesthetic) ... but I am! I could feel my anxiety starting to kick in just at the thought of next week's chemo and blood test. Once I have the port-a-cath, they can use it for blood work, chemo, and hydration!

Since I had surgery on the right side, they can only use my left arm for needles. And, let me tell you ... my left arm is killing me (side effect of chemo). It's also not uncommon that your veins dry up from chemo.

The timing couldn't be better! Yahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment