Wednesday, April 8, 2009

All that packing for nothing!

By the time I was finished packing all my goodies for chemo, I could barely carry the bag. I was definitely prepared. But in the end the only thing that I used from my handy dandy bag was my blanket.

There is so much activity in the chemo room that I spent most of the time people watch. By the end of my 5 1/2 hour treatment, I knew who was getting chemo, who was being cancelled and why. I knew how long they'd been at the hospital and where they lived. One poor couple had drove in from Smith Falls to have blood work, meet with the Oncologist, and have chemo ... only to find out that her blood count was too low to have chemo ... so they had to reschedule her for next week. Poor thing!

So far I feel pretty good. I had a good night sleep despite having to wake up at 3 a.m. to take meds. Apparently with Taxotere and Herceptin it can take 2 to 3 days before the bone pain sets in ... however my nurse is coming later today to give my the white blood cell shot from hell ... so I'm hoping for the best but planning for the worse. I've decided to try taking the shot in my stomach instead of my hip or arm ... the Stepping Stones ladies tell my it's easy on your system.

I've also decided that if the bone pain is anything like it's been in the past I'm taking my morphine pills! I've already taken a couple of Tylenols the morning just in case. My legs are a little sore but I don't know if it's from the drugs or because I ran on the treadmill yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment