Tuesday, June 16, 2009

One down twenty-four to go

I had my first radiation therapy treatment yesterday. It was quick and easy. It took longer to bike to the hospital than have the treatment. My radiation technician, Bronwyn, who is probably 22 years old and absolutely beautiful, told me that I probably wouldn't feel anything for the first couple of weeks. Works for me!

The actual radiation treatments takes about 5 minutes. I basically lie on the bed and the machine moves all around me stopping at a few spots to zap me. The only thing that I have to focus on is keeping my chin up (because they are radiating near my collar bone) and not moving. Yesterday, I took the opportunity to have a little cat nap.

Well, off to the hospital again ... trying to work myself up to bike there ...

4 comments:

  1. So glad to hear radition is going well... quick and painless for now, that's a good combo!

    I have a few things on the go right now with E, but we should get together soon for a catch up if your feeling up for it! Maybe the first week of July?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! If you're doing social events, how about brunch with Idile and I some weekend in the near future?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kerry - brunch sounds excellent. Let me know when and where.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracey.... where are you?! Hope things are going ok. I miss your updates. Love ya - Lynn

    ReplyDelete