Friday, June 12, 2009

Long, overdue update

Wow it's been a while since I last blogged. There's been so much going on that I don't know where to start. I guess I'll start with the tattoos.

I had the radiation tattoos a couple of weeks ago and everything went extremely well. The actual tattooing part of the appointment only took a few minutes and was relatively painless. I was a little nervous since one of the technician had said it hurt. Clearly, he's a man and has never had to experienced real pain.

Last week was a busy week. It started off with one of my fellow Stepping Stones ladies calling to remind me about modelling bathing suits for Kelly's Mastectomy Boutique. I immediately freaked out. Have I mention that I gained weight during chemo! But I thought what the hell! It's for a good cause. So Tuesday night, the four of us headed to the shop for a pre-modelling soiré. We picked out our bathing suits, wraps, and hats ... and then practiced our "walk". It was a hoot! Friday was our debut! We had to be at the A Channel for 7:30 a.m. cause we walking the red carpet at 8:00 a.m. I decided to ride my bike to the station in the hopes of burning off a few extra calories ... as I got closer to the station I was overwhelmed by the sea of pink. The station was having a pancake breakfast in support of breast cancer. Needless to say, by the time I walked in I was almost in tears. The actually modelling was fun and in the end I really didn't care about the extra pounds. I did, however, suck in my belly the whole time!

As of today I'm finished the exercise study. I still have access to the gym (for free) and my lovely trainer but the actual set 30-minute cardio is done. The post-chemo test is scheduled for later this morning. So, as of next week I can increase my cardio and add some strength training to my regime. Of course, I also start radiation next week so I may be too tired to go bananas but trust me I'm going to try! I plan on being in a bikini by mid-August which means I need to lose 10 pounds. God help me!

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I've been WAITING for your to write. Sounds like things are going well (hope that's the reason for you not to write). Sounds like the bathing suit modelling was fun - good for you. Take care and keep on writing!!!! Love Lynn

    ReplyDelete