Friday, January 30, 2009

It's not you .... it's me!

How many times have I heard or said that in a relationship? Never did I think that I would be breaking up or taking a breaking from coffee. Do the chemo makers not know that I'm a Starbucks addict? I admit it - I'm a coffee junkie!

The nurse dropped the bomb at the chemo information session yesterday, "we recommend that you limit your coffee intake - if you drink five cups a day, REALLY limit it". Five cups a day? That's for light weights! I have five cups before 8 a.m. Now, I know that sounds like a lot but like I said, I'm a self-admitted addict.

I've been drinking too much coffee since we were first introduced over 20 years ago. I have to admit my love and need for coffee may have gotten worse since Starbucks opened in Ottawa. I do switch it up from time-to-time and have lattes!

I can't even have decaf. Apparently, it's not recommended either. For the love of God!

Cold turkey is not the anwer for me. I definitely need the softer gentler way. I have three days to cut down on coffee and I'm going to take all three days! So, this morning I've only made half a pot .... and really I'm already a head of the game ... I've been up for half an hour and not had a coffee yet.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! Congrats on the blog. Great idea! To help detox from caffiene there's a little known process which involves standing on one foot, flapping your arms and singing songs from Air Supply's final album.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey if I can ween the bean, so can you ! Eat chocolate !

    ReplyDelete